Wednesday, October 28, 2009

No nails in the walls.

I recently moved to a neighborhood. I love it. I love that there are always families with dogs walking on the sidewalk. I love that I can hear kids laughing in the park when my windows are open. I love that I have a full kitchen. I love that there are always people around. What I don't love is that we are not allowed to decorate the house, and since I only plan to be here for a year, it isn't really worth it anyway. BUT, let me tell you - I am ready to decorate a place of my own. After seeing MOD's adorable one-bedroom and her great taste in furnishings (+ giant TV), I am biting at the bit to paint my walls, buy a couch and stock a kitchen. I've recently been dreaming of ways to recreate this from Southern Living (I am now a proud subscriber, due to a great $5-a-year deal from Amazon.com!):

The quickly approaching Holidays don't make this any easier, as Pottery Barn and Crate and Barrel accost me daily with e-mails and catalogs showing beautiful table settings and holiday decorations.

Oh well - all in time. I guess I should start saving!

No comments: