Last night, Brian and I were lucky enough to see Tina Fey receive the 13th Annual Mark Twain Prize for American Humor, presented at the Kennedy Center. After a full day of work, we both got dressed up and went to dinner at Georgia Brown's - a restaurant I had been wanting to go to ever since we saw Jimmy McNulty eat there on The Wire. The southern fare was the perfect way to start the evening. After we were stuffed from cornbread, fried chicken [salad], mac 'n' cheese, brussel sprouts and biscuits, we made our way to the Kennedy Center Concert Hall.
I love walking into the Kennedy Center. I've only been there twice since I moved here, but it's just so majestic. Last night was no different - made even better due to the red carpet! We made our way to our seats in the very last row of the orchestra and spent two hours laughing nonstop as everyone in comedy, from Steve Martin to Betty White, Don Draper-I mean-Jon Hamm to Lorne Michaels spoke about their experiences working with Tina. And I must say, Jennifer Hudson is so skinny. The fact that the camera adds enough weight to make her look anything larger than a toothpick means none of us have any chance.
I can't wait to see the broadcast on PBS this Sunday, November 14 at 9:00 PM. Look for me - I stood out in the crowd of dowdy women and Kennedy Center donors by wearing a bright yellow cardigan over my LBD. I was able to snap a few pictures at the very end - as I'm sure the credits will be rolling!
No comments:
Post a Comment