Last night, at about 7:30 pm, I went to do some laundry that I needed for my trip to South Carolina today for my dad's wedding. Nothing really needed to be washed that badly, but I figured better safe than sorry.
At about 8:30, I went downstairs to transfer my clothing to the dryer. It was at this moment that my life ended. I quickly realized that the spin cycle on our washing machine was broken, and therefore the clothes weren't spinning around quickly enough to be anything but dripping wet. I couldn't put them in the dryer (I would either break the dryer or start a fire) and I couldn't undo putting them in the washing machine (because I'm not magical). So basically, I was stuck with about 75 pounds of dripping wet clothing that needed to be packed for SC in less than 2 hours.
After trying to go to friends' houses and use their appliances, I finally had to squeeze out all of my garments and choose which ones were lucky enough to get to go into the dryer (for 2 hours) and which ones I would have to hang up in the shower.
I curled up on my bed and bawled my eyes out about it for around 25 minutes last night (although I think it was the stress of about a million aspects of my life all coming together with a broken washing machine that caused the crying), then pulled it together, told my roommates not to do laundry, and fell asleep. Thank god there is a happy ending and all of my clothes are now dry and packed.
...and now here I go to the airport to get to Hilton Head. Where I have a spa treatment already booked. And it is 75 degrees.
No comments:
Post a Comment