Friday, November 6, 2009

Why, John?


"I don't remember you looking any better, then again, I don't remember you." Ugh. Douchebag.

What happened to the "I'll never let your head hit the bed without my hand behind it" lyrics from years goneby?

John Mayer's
new album, Battle Studies, leaked this morning and can be heard here. Take a listen and let me know what you think. The sound is classic, but the lyrics are new and a bit more cynical. He's not the same artist that an un-named friend wanted playing when she lost her virginity, and he's definitely not the same musician who played Room for Squares on Brown's Island in 2002.

Of course I still love him, and will be purchasing presale tickets with Danko, Amy and Whitney the day they go onsale.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Whoop whoop!

Mrs L said...

ahhh singing Comfortable at Brown's Island will never be forgotten. I'm not sure you and I were friends yet? :P